Friday 9 November 2012

The perfect Manhattan.

Anyone who knows me knows I like a drink now and then. In my opinion, the Manhattan is one of the best cocktails, combining my love of a lot of alcohol with my love of New York. Who could ask for more? Except maybe to be sipping it in New York. Oh well, I can dream..


If you're after cocktail glasses, they're uber-cheap and long-lasting from Ikea.

Ingredients:
  • 3 measures rye whiskey
  • 1 measure sweet Vermouth
  • dash Angostura bitters
  • cracked ice cubes
  • slice of lemon to decorate (or a glace cherry)


  1. Put the cracked ice cubes into your cocktail shaker. If you don't have one just put it all in a jug and stir vigorously instead of shaking.
  2. Pour in all the liquid ingredients.
  3. Shake/stir until all mixed and well frosted.
  4. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass - you don't want any ice in the glass.
  5. Serve immediately. Maybe go back for seconds.. Or thirds.


No comments:

Post a Comment